Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Strike This

For the last couple of weeks all the talk over here has been about a possible transit strike. Everyone I talked to said no way it would happen, well we were all very wrong. Its now Day 2 of this strike and well, it really sucks. Walking to work in 20 degree weather, not really my idea of a good time. I have absolutely zero sympathy for these transit workers, if it were up to me I would fire all of them and give them something to really complain about but unfortunately I don't rule the world although I probably should. It's not like these transit workers are not making decent money or have horrible working conditions. They have good benefits and are still complaining even when cops (2 of them who were killed in the last 3 weeks), firefighters and teachers all have been without contracts for years but these greedy bastards can't go 4 days without holding the city hostage. I love that whenever I've seen interviews with striking workers they ask that the public understand and stand with them. What freakin' balls. Your union just told millions of people to go F themselves and you want me to understand. Sorry but putting yourselves above the greater good isn't going to get you any sympathy.

Just had to get that off my chest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home