Friday, January 06, 2006

Going Bowl-ing and Weekend Picks

The college bowl season is finally over. Some very good games over the last week. The Buckeye's came away with a very impressive win over notre dame on Monday. I see big things for the Buckeye's next year. I would love to see them back at the Fiesta Bowl next year, winning the National Championship. The other big game was USC-Texas, very good game unfortunately the Trojans came up short. Some very questionable coaching decisions in that game by Pete Carroll, I think cost USC the game. So it goes. All the talk now is of Texas QB Vince Young going to the NFL a year early and maybe being the top pick, which I think would be a mistake since Young doesn't seem capable of throwing the ball more than 20 yards at a time. Well, regardless it was a very exciting season and I'm looking forward to next season. My one complain is can anyone in college actually kick? I don't ever remember seeing so many missed extra points and field goals.

On to the pro's who start the playoffs this week. Saturday's games have Washington at Tampa Bay. Right now I would not want to face this Redskins team, they seem to be peaking at the right time. Take Washington and the 3 points in this one.
The 2nd game has Jacksonville at New England. All the talk is Colts this, Colts that. Don't sleep on the Pats. This team knows how to win the big games. Take the Pats (-7) in this game.
Sunday's games have the Panthers at Giants. Have to go with Big Blue playing in front of a raucous crowd at Giants Stadium.
The last game has the Steelers at Bengals. I like the Bengals but there defense reminds me of the USC defense. I'm taking the Steelers in this game.

We'll see how I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home