Thursday, August 31, 2006

Lots of Stuff

Where to begin....ok, I was in Ohio last weekend with "the" girl visiting some of her family, it was a very pleasant weekend but I know that I could never live in Ohio or probably anywhere in the mid-west, although very nice its definitely not the place for me.

- I was at the Yankee game last night, I should have known it was going to be a bad evening from the beginning. I get to the stadium, stop at the Italian sausage stand and get my sausage w/peppers and onions and a drink and then carry it to my seat, almost half way across the stadium and all the way up to row V, I eagerly open the wrapper waiting to eat and what do I find? Sausage with NO PEPPERS OR ONIONS. Part of me wanted to go right back but rather than trek all the way back down and across the stadium I ate the sausage, which btw is nowhere near as good without the peppers and onion. Anyways, the Yankees trail 2-0 then come back to score 3 runs and take a 3-2 lead into the top of the 9th. Thinking this game is over I decide to high tail it out of there to beat the rush to the subway. I get home, turn on YES and see that the Yankees lost 5-3.
Unreal. At least I got to get home quickly and in uncrowded train.

- I can't believe that its August 31st already. What the hell? Where did all the time go? If there is one good thing about this its:

- Football season is here. College football starts this weekend and I just saw that ABC is airing the Ohio State game Saturday at 3:30 so my Saturday is all set. Yankees-Twins 1:00, Ohio State-Northern Illinois 3:30, USC-Arkansas 8:00. Life is good.

- Pearl Jam's "Parachute" - What a song...I don't know what it is about it, I mean I liked it when I first heard it but it came on my ipod a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to stop listening to it since. Just a great song.

- Last but not least, the long weekend is finally here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home