Friday, February 03, 2006

Super Bowl and 113

Its finally Friday although today is totally dragging. The Super Bowl is on Sunday, finally because I don't know how much more of the hype I can stand listening to. Anyways, I haven't checked today but I believe the Steelers are favored by 4 points. I say take Pittsburgh and the over on the 47 points.

A big story going on over here in NYC is that a girl on high school basketball team scored 113 points, the team won by something like 80 points. So the debate started as to if the coach did the right thing by leaving this girl in there to keep racking up points. Some people say he did, most say he didn't. I'm on the side of those that said that he didn't. I don't fault the girl, she's on the court so she's going to do what she has to do but why kick a team when they're down? When you're in the 3rd quarter and up by 50 you can't put in the 2nd string team and get them some playing time? I'm all for winning but at what cost? I don't know, if I were in a team and we were getting killed and the other team kept running up the score, you can rest assured that a message would be sent next time that person came sashaying down the lane, or came up to bat or going up the middle to make a catch. Alright, enough of that.

The weekend is finally here, the Rangers are in 1st place and the Dominican team is off to 1-0 start in the Caribbean Series. Here's to a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home