Monday, March 20, 2006

Baseball, More Praise and Other Thoughts

The finals of the WBC is tonight, no Dominican and no USA but still this has been a very enjoyable tournament. As crazy as it seems, its probably best that the U.S. is not in the finals, I think that in 3 years when they stage this again we're going to see a much different attitude towards this event by the Americans.

A while ago on my old blog I did a post titled "In Praise of the Mack" about my friend JM, who's blog you can check out on the links section. Anyways, the Mack has a perfect track record with recommendations for TV shows and movies. Whenever I hear the Mack say "You should watch this" I know that it'll be good. Anyways, a while back he told me about 'Arrested Development' on Fox, last week "The" Girl rented the first season and we watched it yesterday. I can't believe that it took me this long to watch this show. One of the funniest shows that I've seen in a long time and in typical Fox fashion they cancelled it. Hopefully it'll get the Family Guy treatment and they will bring it back.

Book recommendation time - "The Bad Guys Won!" by Jeff Pearlman. This is the story of the World Champion 1986 Mets. When I was a kid I HATED this team, this book made me dislike them more. Very good read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home