Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Soccer, Heat and Whatever Else

The World Cup ended on Sunday with Italy beating France in penalty kicks. First off having to decide a World Cup on penalty kicks is a horrible idea, there has to be a better way. Secondly, I was happy to see the Italians win, anyone but the French. I'm a bit sad that its over, its been fun watching the games and seeing how much people get into this event. Its cool to see people standing outside bars and stores watching a game, its crazy how this brings so many people together. I get really into the World Cup but then I totally lose interest in soccer for 4 years, so its been fun this past month but I wont watch till 2010.

Its freakin' hot as hell in New York City, I'm so happy to be heading out to the bay area on Friday. I'll be in San Fran on Saturday and Sunday where the highs are only in the mid to upper 60s. Most of my time will be in the East Bay where it'll be in the 70s so it should be quite nice.

So the big story in NYC is about the guy that blew up his townhouse in order to stop his wife from getting it in the divorce settlement. Its funny because women's reaction has been "how horrible" while guys that I've heard talking about have been pretty much saying "good for him". Now, I'm not condoning what this guy did and I would hope that I would never do anything like that but I understand. That's a bit of Chris Rock humor on that last line.

Friday can't get here fast enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger belle said...

gotta love chris rock! have fun in fabulous san fran.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home