Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Just When I Thought I Was Out

They pull me back in. I tried not paying attention, going against you in hopes that you would improve yourself, I even flirted with those people from Jersey in order to forget about you. It didn't work...once a Knick fan, always a Knick fan. Growing up, I loved this team even when they were really, really bad. I guess when you're 11 years old, it doesn't really matter how bad the team is. In the early-mid 90's the Knicks finally started getting good but every season seem to end at the hand of Michael Jordan and the Bulls but one thing was for sure, every spring you were sure of seeing playoff basketball at the Garden. The last few years things have gone very wrong with this team, bad personnel moves and even worse front office and coaching moves have made these last few seasons unbearable. I'm nowhere near as big of a fan as I use to be but I still am a fan, last night I did something that I haven't done in a long, long time...I was loudly cheering watching the game last night, I don't remember when was the last time I did that. Felt like old times ...well ... maybe not, the Knicks are fighting for a playoff spot whereas the Knicks of old would have been coasting to another division title. Who knows maybe they'll get back to those days sometime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home